Vent Strip™ Installation
Ventilation for Brick Shelf Angle
Vent Strip Installation
- Adhere cushioning material (expansion strip) to bottom of shelf angle. Shelf angle should be free of contaminants and coated with corrosive-resistant material.
- Install Vent Strip with back edge abutting the fabric face of the Sure Cavity and front edge extending approximately 1” past front edge of shelf angle expansion material
- Hold in place with dime-sized dabs of appropriate construction adhesive
- Install top course of brick and tuck point in course of mortar.
- Tool joint and cut off excess vent strip while mortar is still plastic
- See Detail #05FB12BW001 in HyperSpecs for more detailed drawing